Finding the right insurance for your business is an important step in getting ready to launch – it might not be all fun and games at this stage, but you always need to prepare for worst case scenarios when starting a business.
A policy that’s appropriate for your business that protects you from a range of unforeseen events like a fire, flood, theft, or damage is crucial. We have listed a few policies that may apply for your business.
- Personal accident and sickness insurance
- Revenue insurance
- Victorian Workcover Authority insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Property and assets insurance
- Premises insurance
- Contents and equipment insurance
- Goods in transit insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Product liability insurance
- Vehicle insurance for business
While there may be many insurance policies, not all types apply to your situation – this is where an insurance broker can accurately assess the risks of your business and help you throughout the process of securing insurance.
If you choose to go directly to an insurance company, the Insurance Council of Australia website provides insurance information as well as contact details for its 56 member groups.
Insurance brokers are required by law to act as your representatives and work in your interest, whereas insurance agents may act in the insurance company’s interest. If you have a dispute with your insurer, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for assistance.